Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Did you miss me? I did!

So let's just pretend that it hasn't been 6 months since the last time I got on here ok? OK!!!

Now on to business! I am back!! Not just back to blogging but BACK!!! Well as much as I can be, but I do feel like the old me is coming though again. Only now the old me is wiser, nicer and a bit more confident than before!
 I can't say what exactly happened but the clock stuck midnight it was officially 2013 and a voice said to me "THIS IS YOUR YEAR TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!!" So I am!

So I have decided that once a month I will blog to let you know what I have done the month before to make the best of this year. Plus I will add in other posts to show you how the kids are doing and also I have decided that when I feel I need to let people know about my grief I will do that too!

The first day of January I wrote down my goals! I made a list of spiritual, physical, family and emotional goals that I want to accomplish this year! Number 1 goal on my physical list as it has been many times before was to lose weight, right after I made that goal I came across a 10 pound challenge that a local show was doing and I joined! For the first time in almost 2 years (yes sad I know) I worked out and ate better, in fact we made a different dinner every night with no repeats the whole month and we only went out to eat once and that was our date night(another goal)! 

 
 I joined this challenge and half way through they asked us to share our stories of how we put on the weight, and why we were determined to lose the weight and how the challenge had helped us!
 So I sent in my story I told of how I had a hard time since college when it came to losing weight, then when Carter passed away my life became food and reality television. It was much easier for me to eat junk and stare at the Kardashians cause controversy then it was to deal with my reality. Then I became pregnant with Becca and I actually lost weight my whole pregnancy but still got comments like "Oh I guess you gain more weight with girls than you did with your boys." Boy was that an eye opener here I was LOSING weight and nobody could tell. So I started the challenge and within 3 days I felt so good! I was happy, I had energy and things were getting done in the house! It was on the 3rd day that I decided I was going to keep doing the challenge not only to lose the weight but to keep this new feeling in my life. This happiness that was brought back to me all because I participated in a challenge that was helping me better myself! 

After sending in my story I received an email asking if I would want to appear on the reveal show they were doing at the end of the challenge and talk on a panel of 3 women who all participated in the challenge. Honestly my first thought was "umm no I'll just watch" But then I thought of a quote I have loved my whole life "Do one thing every day that scares you" Eleanor Roosevelt. So I said yes, and on Feb 8 I went on Studio 5 and talked about the challenge with them. I was so nervous but I had so much fun and met so many wonderful people! Here are a few pictures of that day at the studio!
This is me with Melanie she is the one who lead us through workouts and held us accountable!

The hosts of Studio 5! They are hilarious!

This is the morning of I was shocked to wake up and find that I had not broken out in pimples over night!


Thank you to all of you who cheered me on while I did this and i am happy to report not only did I lose 10 pounds but by the show I was down 15 pounds!

4 comments:

  1. You rock Lindsay! Now it's my turn to start working out and eating better. You have really inspired me.. now I just need to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. As usual I worry about you when you don't post. How are those cutie little ones doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try and get some posts about them up this weekend! They care growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DANG!!! Keep up the good work!! :D

    ReplyDelete