This year Carters birthday was so busy with a wedding in the family and family from out of state coming in that we didn't make it as big of a celebration as we did his 1st birthday. But in the end I love the way we did it.
We started the day out by going to the cemetery we took him balloons and pinwheels and the boys each picked out some cars and Super heroes they wanted to give him for his birthday.
| My kids |
| Spider man, Captain America and the Cars |
| PJ, Becca and James |
This year I just felt like the movie UP was a great inspiration for how we were celebrating for him.
So I tried out an UP cupcake design (that I found on Pinterest)
The next night we got together with our friends the Allens.
On Carters 1st birthday I had wanted to set off lanterns like they have in Tangled, but we were informed by the Fire Marshall it was illegal, so many months ago I recieved a text from my Best Friend Julie with a picture of light up balloons and the message of "I found these for Carters Birthday"
| The cool balloons |
However we forgot to get them filled with helium so we blew up all but the orange ones and let the kids have fun and celebrate Carter.
When we have more time again we are going to fill up the orange ones with helium and send them up to Carter
| The boys and Justin showing off their balloons |
| Becca's balloon |
Happy 2nd Birthday little dude. We love you and miss you so much!
What an awesome celebration for Carter (and the rest of you) Love it!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless Little Carter. I am sure he was smiling down on all of you.
ReplyDelete